Saturday 3 October 2009

INDIGO, PARIS S/S10-FIRST PROJECT OF THE YEAR

I'm going to be producing a collection for INDIGO, Paris S/S 10. I'm very excited about this, as I did this last year and was happy with the collection I had produced but have to say I'm not feeling the best as i went home on the first day of uni.... i was exhausted and felt the walls closing in and had to got home. I think I have the flu alongside just being very tired and going to work from home for a week and get regenerated!


I got given alot of leather this summer by my dear friend Mark- who is the head fitter at harrods who I work with. So for that reason his year, the direction I have taken is to use leather as the main body of my work. As leather can look very hard and harsh, I have decided to mix it with sheer and flowing fabrics such as silks and sheer organza. This will give a good balance of hard and soft. I wanted to incorporate tailoring in this collection as this is where my strengths lie and have decided to draw designs that will consist of sheer tailoring, with leather trimmings.

No comments:

Post a Comment