Friday 12 March 2010

TOIL ON STAND- FINAL LINE UP


Trousers with a deep insert side pocket, classicly straight with a crease line. Ankle length


Sleeve with pleat design.



Pleated collar- this was scraped as I felt it wasnt working well

Dress with panelling detail




These are some of my toils I have done in development of my patterns for my final line up.
I think they have developed well, but allot of changes do need to be made to the pattern before a final draft pattern can be created. I find it easier to toil on stand and flat pattern cut at the same time, sharing both disciplines and to finally produce a outcome. I'm pretty impatient, so I have to toil it as I go along!! I feel they area all strong designs to produce confidently. There is one design after producing the toil( the pleated neck collar) that I will not do this and have scraped it in my final line up and have replaced it with another design I like. This was all part of the development process and after producing it, I felt it did not fit in with the line up and it looked out of place. After drawing up a new line up I was pleased with what i decided!




No comments:

Post a Comment