Monday 18 January 2010

HAND AND LOCK GOLD WORK- WORK SHOP DAY




My gold work embroidery school at hand and lock was amazing ! I was the only one to turn up..so it was just me Sar, the teacher. She was lovely and had high expectations and it was great to see her enthusiasm for the trade. i asked if she loves what she does. Sar mentioned that she hasn't had the the opportunity to do allot of hand work anymore as its very expensive and work is often sent to India. This was ironic and it fitted in my dissertation talk about Savile Rows survival. It was really sad to hear this and as a result she just does allot commercial pieces.




I took a picture of what I was making. As you can see its not finished but Sar told me that it would take her up to 35 hours to complete this design!!OMG! so for me ...double it!


she told me I picked it up very quickly and realised I found it easy as i was use to hand work due to bespoke tailoring. I defiantly want to incorporate this in my final Major project..very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment